Equal Access Disability Access Consultants design and prepare Mobility Maps.
Mobility Maps generally identify accessible features within cities, shopping precincts, universities and the like.
The following are typical items we include:
- Accessible Parking
- Accessible Toilets
- Scooter/ Wheelchair Recharge points
- Public Toilets
- Parents Rooms
- Post Offices
- Letter Boxes
- Public Telephones
- Automatic Teller Machines
- Tram Stops
- Train Stations
- Police Stations
- Car Parks
Additional items we can also include if required are gradients, kerbs, taxi Ranks, hospitals, theatres, identification of accessible routes, pedestrian crossings, etc.
Equal Access were recently commissioned by the City of Stonnington to prepare a comprehensive mobility map of the Chapel Street Retail Precinct located between Dandenong Road and Toorak Road.
This is the second map in a series of audits of retail precincts within the City of Stonnington. Once all precincts have been completed they will be combined and inserted into a booklet for distribution. These will also be available for download from the City of Stonnington’s website.
We received feedback from Vision Australia who advised the maps were well laid out, very clear to read and not confusing. Equal Access provided Vision Australia with digital media files to enable them to prepare large print and raised tactile maps for the City of Stonnington.
In the last 5 years we have completed many mobility maps for various clients:
- City of Monash
- – Monash Aquatic & Recreation Centre
- Liverpool NSW retail precinct
- Shire of Mornington
- – Rosebud retail precinct
- – Hastings retail precinct
- – Somerville retail precinct
- Brimbank City Council
- – St Albans Retail Precinct
- – Sunsine Retail Precinct
- Frankston City Council foreshore precinct
- City of Stonington
- – Chapel Street retail precinct
- – Glenferrie Road retail precinct
- RMIT University
- – City Carlton Campuses
- – Brunswick Campus
- – Bundoora Campus
- City of Greater Dandenong
- – City of Greater Dandenong retail precinct
- – Noble Park retail precinct
- – Spingvale retail precinct
- Bayside City Council
- – Beaumaris retail precinct
- – Black Rock retail precinct
- – Hampton retail retail precinct
- – Gardenvale retail precinct
- – Bay Street Brighton retail precinct
- – Church Street Brighton retail precinct
- – Highett retail precinct
- – Sandringham retail precinct
The mobility maps will be produced digitally and supplied in the following formats, PDF, CorelDraw and Adobe Illustrator for compatibility and easy updating in the future. These files can be used for all required purposes and are fully scalable.
Equal Access will not hold any copyright over the produced maps.
Generally we ask to be provided with both GIS data & high resolution Aerial Photos of the area to be mapped to ensure accuracy and maintain scale. If this information is not available, we can organise the supply of the aerial photo and survey data.
Equal Access design and prepare Mobility Maps in house and DO NOT outsource any of the works with the exception of final printing.
View the Mobility Map for Black Rock
View the Mobility Map for Glenferrie Road
View the Mobility Map for St Albans
View the Mobility Map for Noble Park